We hope that this communication finds you and your family safe and well. As the second marking period draws to a close, we wanted to share important information regarding the status of our Re-Opening Plans.
Currently we are in Phase 2 of our Restart plan. During this phase, we began to provide a number of our struggling students with an increased in-person instructional environment, despite having to implement the new and more rigorous COVID-19 guidelines shared with you by the district and building Principals, and set forth by the Bergen County Health Department. As we move into our next phase, we hope to continue toincrease our in-person numbers on a regular schedule. Parents continue to share their concerns, and we continue to strive for a balance between the needs of our students and staff without sacrificing safety.
Last week the Restart Committee began meeting to review our current Hybrid and Virtual learning program models. Due to the necessity of having to revert to an All-Virtual Model in late November, the committee needs additional time to review and plan for any potential changes for Phase 3 implementation. Therefore, our current model and schedule will continue until further notice. Once the committee completes its data review and makes recommendations for Phase 3, subsequent information and a new parent survey will be sent home for parents to select the instructional program for their child. (Hybrid or All-Virtual).
Students will continue to attend whichever program they are currently attending unless permission to return to the in-person/Hybrid was previously secured by submitting a parental written request letter to your child’s principal prior to the end of the second marking period. However, due to the delay in our plan for a return to the in-person/Hybrid Model, parents may still opt their child back into our in-person/Hybrid Model by sending in a request to the building Principal prior to Friday, January 29th. Parents will alsohave the opportunity to opt their child back into the in-person/Hybrid program again once Phase 3 is set to begin. It is anticipated that Phase 3 will begin sometime in February.
If you have any questions, please contact your child’s Principal at your respective school.