Affirmative Action/HIB Office
Below you'll find some additional supportive information regarding our District Affirmative Action / Anti-HIB policies, a list of helpful resources, and a brief explanation of our most recent HIB Self Assessment District Grade report.
View Mr. Lopez's Welcome Letter Below:
2020-2021 HIB Self Assessment Grades:
As per the Anti-Bullying Bill of Rights Act of 2011 (ABR), School Safety & Climate Teams from each school are required to evaluate their school's efforts in implementing all of the ABR requirements by completing a Self Assessment that is presented to the Board of Education and certified by the Superintendent of Schools. After the scores are submitted to the NJ Department of Education, the NJDOE then calculates each district's grade by averaging the sum of the grades for each school in the district and releases the grade report which can be seen in the link below (grade report is also found on the district's main home page).
Resources for Parents,Teachers, and Students:
- https://www.splcenter.org The Southern Poverty Law Center is a nationally recognized group of civil-rights lawyers and staffers who fight against hate, bigotry, and intolerance. While this site is home to many informative resources, the SPLC is best known for their series, "Teaching Tolerance." Besides the quarterly magazine of the same name, the SPLC offers free anti-bias documentary films, books, lesson plans and other materials that reduce prejudice and promote educational equity in schools around the country.
- https://www.adl.org/education/resources/tools-and-strategies/parent-family-and-caregiver-resources The lessons children learn from the adults who are central to their lives (parents, family members and caregivers) last a lifetime. This site from the Anti-Defamation League is filled with strategies and resources to help you create a home environment that recognizes the importance of tolerance, addresses bullying, and appreciates the diversity of our world.
- https://www.state.nj.us/education/students/safety/behavior/hib/ New Jersey has always been at the forefront of anti-bullying initiatives that help keep our kids healthy and safe. This state website contains the actual public law that guides our efforts (Anti-Bullying Bill of Rights Act), in addition to many other anti-bullying resources.
- http://www.pacerkidsagainstbullying.org/ Great website that is kid-friendly, easy to navigate,and of course, safe and informative.
- https://www.stopbullying.gov This website is run by the U.S. Government, and it offers parents, students, and teachers a wealth of information such as the roles of race, diversity, and religion in bullying, ways that bystanders can help, and tips to identify cyber-bullying and foster healthy online behaviors.
Comprehensive Equity Plan
STEPS FOR FILING AN HIB REPORT ONLINE
1. Download the PDF fillable form below. Fill out the form completely.
2. Upload and submit the Report by utilizing the "Submit a completed HIB Report" Button.
Note: Parents are encouraged to contact their school principal directly to report potential violations of the HIB policy.