Registration » Welcome to the Dumont School District!

Welcome to the Dumont School District!


Registration information





You must reside in Dumont in order to register your child for school.


The Dumont School District has full day Kindergarten for all students at each of our elementary schools. If your child will be five years old on or before October 1st of the school year in which you are enrolling, he/she is eligible to start kindergarten for that school year.


Registration takes place at 25 Depew Street (building next to Honiss School), between 8:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. by appointment only. Special registration periods are held for Pre-School and Kindergarten.


Please select the appropriate link on the left hand side for further information and to complete your child's online registration.


After you complete your online registration, you must call (201) 338-8933 for an appointment to bring in your documents.

 You will be required to supply the following documents to prove residency:


Your child’s original birth certificate


1.    An original deed, mortgage statement, lease or property tax bill

               NOTE:  If a lease is issued for proof of residency, a Landlord Affidavit and canceled  check or receipt showing payment or rent for a current period and a lease termination date clearly indicated on the agreement are required.


           2.    FOUR of the following documents, showing family name and Dumont address, are needed to register your child:

*   Recent Water bill

*    Recent unemployment claim

*    Television bill (Cablevision, Verizon, Satellite)

*   Telephone bill

*   Recent Electric/Gas bill

*    Voter’s Registration Card

*    Insurance claim/payment or benefit statement

*   Auto insurance card

Recent Court Order

Current bank statement

Document pertaining to military status and assignment

New Jersey Driver’s License

New Jersey Non-Driver’s License Card

*   Consulate ID Card with Dumont Address

Driver’s Permit

New Jersey Vehicle Registration showing a Dumont address and family name.  If the vehicle is leased and the address displayed is that of the bank, then the vehicle lease invoice showing the Dumont address may be used in addition to the registration.


*If transfer student, copy of IEP if applicable.

*If parents divorced, Family Court or Divorce Agreement naming registering parent as custodial parent or having physical custody.